What is the deal with Nvidia drivers. I have been a Radeon user for a couple of decades, but on my new build I decided to use a EVGA Geforce 660. When I first installed from the DVD I got a whole range of drivers and software which I figured was similar to ATI catalyst. I had HDMI audio drivers, Physics? a program that installed and updated drivers automatically without a reboot and something called Shadow play.

Of course one day it updated drivers and I lost my HDMI sound. Then I tried fixing it... but it isn't simple like say a single Caytalist program. So I finally gave up and removed everything Nvidia, one at a time... no simple remove all drivers and program software like ATI has... and installed the straight video driver... but I still have no HDMI sound.

It would be easier to solve my problem if I knew how all this was suppose to work?