When I build/change my kit, I always insert 'workgroup' in its' GROUP ID field within
'Networking.'
Is the id/value 'workgroup' considered/treated by MS as a 'domain in its' Network logic?'

I ask, because now, when setting up a new nas for my Brother, I am only asked to enter a
'Domain value.'
Normally, I would enter 'workgroup.' But I suspect my Brother uses a Group=mshome value. I suspect that this came to him from his last pair of laptops; and, he is shopping a new one! NO. I do not use/run a Domain Serveron my home LAN (my server died 2 months back!)
Sorry for another 'old' question about 'networking.'
Best,