OB calls me and confirms that System Restore 'seems' to be running in w8.1pro. He can see evidence of this via CCleaner. Fine. This is one 'FEATURE' of M$ that I
prayed would migrate forward.
I have not spent time in w8.1pro diddling with System Restore yet. I am still learning how to 'drive' it! OB can NOT confirm that System Restore is truly enabled; other than via other views. He has found
clues in the CP/Recovery area.

Is this where System Recovery lives??????

Does System Recovery work in win7 also????

I have used System Recovery 5 times in XPpro to get back online and operationalpost doing something
stupid. LOL!
I get easily confused about selections about 'creating a recovery disk.' This implies another SSD or EM drive. I do NOT do floppy drives any longer, and, I have grown tired of all the sw choices needed to create dot-iso files to write to optical media. I do suspect all video-media members of the collective are laughing at this old
troglodyte. Fine. Enjoy the humor.
Thank you,