Yes, I know all six slots are PCI Express 16 but I I assumed all current PCI slots would support all legacy PCI devices... apparently that is not the case. So I guess I will have to get a PCI E USB 3 card . Actually I like that better. I found a 7 port PCI-E card with it's own molex power connector that I am going to order.

At 07:26 PM 8/8/2014, you wrote:
I'm confused...the P9X79 WS doesn't have any PCI slots--they're all PCI
Express. It's actually one of the things I liked most about the board. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Hardware [mailto:hardware-boun...@lists.hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf
Of Winterlight
Sent: Friday, August 8, 2014 7:53 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] Greg>> P9X79_WS PCI slots too small

I need some more USB2 ports so I attempted to install a old Adaptic PCI USB2
5 port card in my P9X79_WS. I was surprised that it didn't fit in either the
white or black slot. So I tried a newer Rosewill 5 port USB2 card and that
didn't fit either. Both are about two wires too big for the first slot.. why
is that?  I thought all PCI slots were backward compatible. So what do I
need that will work with these slots.