At 02:58 PM 15/09/2014, DSinc wrote:
Thane,
There is a complex formula and special page image that most priter companies use to help them compute (fabricate/lie) about their printed pages/catridge. Please note that this business does NOT use 100% coverage. I just do not know many folk that print fully black pages. I have to claim age/time/forgetfulness for not recalling what the 'coverage' percentage was/is. But I do recall that there is a specification about this the all printer makers try to meet/exceed. And, alot of this has do do with various makers 'image generators.'

Hi Duncan,
Yeah, I know about the page used (I've seen a copy from Lexmark). I was just wondering if they are printing this page at 300dpi or 1200 dpi when they come up with the number of pages a toner will print.

I was sitting down with graph paper trying to figure out the dot coverage, so I appreciate your help. :)