Sorry to necro a thread but I was cleaning out stuff and saw this.

Bad part about Hackintosh is that you are at Apples mercy to include &
update drivers which is OSX biggest Achille's heel hackintosh or
macintosh.

Steam going Linux *is* the answer, at least for gamers. All I hope is
that MS doesn't bad choice us right into a Windows-less Mac only
market given that avg. joe users don't want to hassle with even Ubuntu
+ Wine.