Hello everyone. New Guy here. I have a new Lenovo M83 mini-tower running Win 8.1 64bit Pro OS . While “exploring” the C:\ folder ( BUT not the C:\Windows folder), I either deleted or hid a set of files. I tried to run the System Restore program to recover them.
 I received the following error message:
“System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer’s system files and setting were not changed. Details: System Restore could not access a file. This is probably because an anti-virus program is running on this computer.
Temporarily disable your antivirus program and retry System Restore.
An unspecified error occurred during System Restore (ox80070005)”

I made sure my virus protection software was turned off and ran System Restore a 2nd time. I got the same error message again.

I goggled the error code (ox80070005) and got many confusing entries. Most of the discussion of this error code centers on its popping up during a routine Windows system update, which is not my case.

Has anyone experienced this problem and solved it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or solutions.

--
 Regards, Bruce

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men [and women]
stand ready in the night to visit violence on those
who would do us harm." -  George Orwell