I've seen this a few times, but I've never found a simple fix for this.

Every so often I see a computer where when I run cmd.exe in elevated mode, I get the message:
"Do you want the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes?"
Program Name: cmd.exe
Publisher Name: Unknown

It is a the correct cmd.exe (copied from a known good copy).

I've fixed this in the past with a repair install, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a quicker method.

I'm assuming that some sort of security check has been screwed up, but I haven't figured out what yet.