The cleanest way to do it is back up your stuff, and start fresh with a new
OS install. Transferring the data from HDD to SSD means you're ending up
with potentially not optimized installs for the SSD, possible data
corruption, blah blah blah.

To make sure you have your original Windows 7 product key, use Nirsoft
ProduKey. Just run it, and either write the key down or save to a text
file.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/produkey.zip

If you need a Windows 7 disk, they're freely available to download and burn
from Microsoft:

http://www.howtogeek.com/186775/how-to-download-windows-7-8-and-8.1-installation-media-legally/

To top it off, you'll get no HP bloatware with this configuration - just
clean, beautiful Windows. Download the drivers to a flash drive, and you're
golden.

To speed up installing the stuff you need, pick what you want from
www.ninite.com . it'll download all the common stuff you need (browser,
Java, Reader, Libre, VLC, AV) and install it without junkware tagging
along.

By the way, congratulations on buying an HP EliteBook. The used ones are a
fantastic deal for a ton of horsepower.

Happy Holidays,

-Robbie / @Truefire_