Never mind, figured it out. I had to turn Anamorphic off, otherwise Handbrake dinks with the aspect ratio as it see fit.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        [H] Handbrake Settings
Date:   Sat, 16 Jul 2016 12:47:09 -0400
From:   Steve Tomporowski <didym...@gmail.com>
To:     hardw...@lists.hardwaregroup.com

Does anyone here use Handbrake for ripping DVDs?  I've been trying to
rip some DVDs here and my first attempts, albeit using the default
settings, the DVD rips in good quality except that it seems that the
aspect ratio is just slightly off.  The vertical is slightly stretched.
I'm using KMPlayer for playback and the it's set for maintaining the
source aspect ratio.  Yeah, I can make it work, but I think I should be
able to rip at the right aspect ratio.

Thanks...Steve