Well, in the past I have been always gone for special rebate or refurbish type deals on my networking equipment without caring all that much about performance, but I am ready to go high end because I am more interested in faster speeds, a more reliable connection and better wifi support. To that end I am planning on a new Netgear AC5300 Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band WiFi Router so I decided to go with the Netgear modem and I splurged on their fastest one for no particular reason except to future proof it = NETGEAR CM600 24x8 channel bonding enables up to 960 Mbps download speeds,Gigabit Ethernet port. I figured it would pair nicely and it was on sale.