It is time to update my EVGA 660 GTX video card. I play very few games maybe a couple a year, and by the time I get one it is usually an old one so I am by no means a gamer. However, I routinely do video editing and I want to be able to support 4K. My PC is already equipped for 4K= I7 6/core, 64 GB of RAM, Samsung SSDs and I will be replacing my monitors with 4K supported monitors. But for now I want to start with the video card and I am far more interested in PC 2D performance then anything else.

I am debating between a EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5, and a EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB FTW+ GAMING ACX 3.0, 6GB GDDR5 ... a 110 difference in cost and of course the 1070 consumes more power and produces more heat... hmmmm

So what does the collective and our gamers think. Is moving up to the 1070 a wise decision or am I just wasting my money for performance I won't use.
Thanks