Hi,

My last new build was a 2.67 GHz i7 system in 2009. I have been using a dual
Xeon 6-core, 2.67 GHz refurb (HP Z600)for about 2 years. I have outgrown the
storage capacity (hard drives, etc.) of the HP case. It is very proprietary
and would not easily transfer to the larger case I have (from the i7 build).
In addition, the Z600 does not have new features such as USB 3.0.

Anyway, I have been "out of touch" with state of the art and am looking for
some suggestions for a new build. While price is important, a high
performance to price ratio is more important. I am not much of a gamer (an
occasion Civ V game) but do have multiple programs open a one time. I do
some graphics (CorelDraw) but my next major task is a book on family
genealogy (pictures, genealogy charts, text).

So suggestions and a "why" would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Jim Maki

jwm_maill...@comcast.net