Well damn, $130 instead of $450 definitely worth a try. Thanks Greg!

At 08:31 PM 5/5/2017, you wrote:
Yep. To your other questions:

You could use one or multiple to cover your home, depending on its layout.
Yes, you would just any other regular router. Ubiquiti does make some that
seem fairly well received (e.g., the EdgeRouter series), but I've only used
their wifi kit. I'm a pfSense fan for routers/firewalls, though with the new
ownership I'm considering switching to the opnSense fork.

Yes, the Ubiquiti supports multiple SSIDs (4 per radio on the linked model),
and can even VLAN tag them if you wanted to apply different ACLs--but you'd
need something (either a switch and/or at the firewall, depending on your
use case) configured appropriately. The PRO as linked actually does include
2 Ethernet ports, so you wouldn't have to mess with VLANs if you didn't want
to.

Ubiquiti's UniFi kit is more SMB to Enterprise class, so don't expect it to
be as turn-key as an Asus or Netgear solution. I think the equipment itself
is definitely superior, but depending on your own expertise and comfort
level, it may or may not be the best solution. Only you can make that
determination though. :)

Greg