Joe User wrote:
>Would you let us know what you think after you have used it awhile?
>I'm curious...

Since I graduated from simple flip phones, I’ve used a windows phone. At the
time all I needed was phone and GPS; for my 1200 mile bicycle trip. It was the
cheapest way to go; and purchased from Wally World. Bottom of the line Nokia,
T-Mobile unlimited data and 100 minutes for $30/month; still have that good
deal. (still have that phone in mint condition)
Trip: Jacksonville FL to Copperas Cove TX
http://imageshack.com/a/img905/5278/2Wfych.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img908/9174/4lfHTY.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img905/333/iLXt6V.jpg

Camped the whole way, Oct’14 - Jan ’15, only three nights in motels. Coldest
morning, 14° F.
Getting out of the warm bag that morning to make coffee and oatmeal was an
exercise in determination.
I did this trip for fun and adventure. Riding in the rain was too little fun
and too much adventure.
Hunkered down for rain.
http://imageshack.com/a/img905/9841/QwKsOF.jpg

But I digress…
Having been a computer  ̶j̶u̶n̶k̶y̶  enthusiast since 1967, I’ve seen’em all
come and go, so I’m not a fanboi; never met a computer I didn’t like.

At long last curiosity got me and I wanted to see what the world of Android was
about. I’m impressed at the scale of that world. Spend many hours reading
websites, forums, whatever; one thing leading to another. So much to take in.

The Nexus I picked up on fleaBay has screen issues:
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/7136/CvsZCd.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/9270/MpvmKb.png

So I got a refund and ordered a Certified Refurbished unit through Amazon.
Seller said to keep the bad unit, so I’ll have one to hack the sh!t out of.

The only downside so far is the Netflix app won’t run on a rooted/unlocked
Android setup. Found and tried several builds of the Netflix app claimed to
work but no joy. Found this this morning:
https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/make-netflix-android-pay-work-your-rooted-device-with-magisk-0177578/
Since the Amazon unit will come with 4.XX, I may just try it before doing
anything else. Or I may upgrade it to 5.XX (last stock image) and try to get
the bad unit to run Netflix. Next week I’ll want to do something totally
different.

Anyway, I see many hours ahead, lost to the new (to me) world of Android.
Thanks for reading

Al E. Gator