I own a old T60 Thinkpad circa 2007 that still works well. I bought it on Ebay used for not much money a long time ago. The only upgrade I did was to install an old small SSD in it. The T60 has a chipset that only handles 3GB of RAM because it's native OS is XP. In it's day it was considered high end. A large wide screen, 2.2 dual core with ATI Mobility Radeon™ X1400.

The ATI video is now a problem. The ATI video card creates a problem when it comes to OS upgrades because there is absolutely no drivers for it in Win7 and above. All you can get is generic MS video card driver which kills a lot of the usefulness of the laptop. If it wasn't for the video card I could update the OS and find a use for it. I am thinking about wiping the drive and installing some flavor of Linux...would Linux have better support for the ATI card ?