They do massive lock in and cost too much.  When I was with the MSP we had
customers on network solutions we were planning on moving.  Well, network
solutions saw that the domains were expiring in less than 30 days so they
put domain lock on the domain, we couldn't move the domains so we had to
renew through network solutions, wait for the domain lock to expire then
move.  Slimy crap like that.

Here is a search on network solutions on the SysAdmin Subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/search?q=%22network+solutions%22&restrict_sr=on&include_over_18=on&sort=new&t=all

Examples:
https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/dtbc63/network_solutions_is_shady/
"I've always had trouble transferring domains away from NetworkSolutions
but it seems to have gotten even worse. Last week submitted transfer lock
changes / request auth codes. Three screens for each goddamn domain with
surveys/checkboxes/confirmations etc - I"m used to that song and dance,
whatevever. Says I'll get my auth codes in 3 days. Six days later, I get
the codes, go to transfer my domains and they all fail saying domains are
locked. Go back in to netowrk solutions, all the transfer locks are turned
back on. Fucking A. try to call and get a number disconnected/cannot be
completed as dialed, get into a chat session and they say i have to call,
give me web.com's main number. 25 minutes of hold time later the domains
are unlocked.

Anyone else deal with this bullshit lately? With Godaddy you literally turn
off the lock with 2 clicks, and you can view the code instantly. None of
this survey/waiting period shit."

https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/dpnudh/network_solutions_webcom_registercom_data_breach/

 "Network Solutions, Web.com, Register.com are disclosing a breach occurred
in August 2019, and seem to be forcing password reset on login. Network
Solutions and Register.com are both owned by Web.com

We still have a few legacy domains at Network Solutions, and I have not yet
received any notification from them (but was prompted to change password
after login). Definitely seem to be trying to hush it up - the notice pages
are all set to "noindex", so won't be captured by most search engines.

Official Notices:

https://notice.networksolutions.com/

https://notice.register.com/

https://notice.web.com/

Krebs:
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/10/breaches-at-networksolutions-register-com-and-web-com/

If you haven't already moved everything away from these scumbags, this
breach (and the terrible way they seem to be handling it) should provide
additional justification!"

https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/dmhyz3/psa_possible_scam_by_network_solutions/

"We have a few .com domains registered by Network Solutions.

We got a "final notice" email from Network Solutions telling us the .info
version of one of our domains was expiring. Problem is, we never registered
it.

Looking at the domain in the NS portal, there was no configuration done on
the domain (no web forwarding or DNS servers).

I'm thinking Network Solutions quietly tacked this domain onto our account
hoping that whoever was tasked with renewing domains wouldn't know that we
hadn't ordered it in the first place.

It is possible that one of the three of us here who have access to the NS
account purchased the .info domain, but no one remembers it, and we would
have had no reason to register it.

It is also possible that we could have accidentally registered it somehow
when registering the .com version of the domain."

https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/bbck83/surprise_unexpected_network_solutions_site_domain/

"Today I got a "Monthly Account Statement" email from Network Solutions
showing that I had about a year left on my (mydomain).site domain name. My
domain is not .site top level domain. Immediately I logged in and checked
to see if it was a phishing email... Sadly, I did have a .site domain name
on my Network Solutions account. The invoice was for $0.00 and no note was
on the invoice.

I called Network Solutions immediately and they told me that this was a
"gift" that they give out to people from time to time. They said it does
not auto renew. I asked if I should have received an email letting me know
about this free gift. She said no, it's just a free gift . (BE GRATEFUL
PEASANT!)

I am so fucking sick of Network Solutions. They have lost all credibility
(not that they had much left) in my book. Just making this post to see if
anyone else has had this happen."

They have terrible customer service, they add things to your account and
hope you auto-renew, the service they do provide isn't that great and I
could care less if the whole company folded today.

Thanks!

Chris