I am curious what others think about the October 25, 2025 end of life for
Windows 10.  The usual process is to update to Windows 11 however, in the vast
majority of cases that won't be possible. Without the special chip on board you
can't run windows 11 so I guess they expect you to throw you old laptop or
desktop away and get a new one. I have a number of laptops and a  couple of
desktops that all are used for different jobs so I guess in 2 and a half years
I will have to throw them away start over even if they are running perfectly
fine.  If we spiral down into a recession I find it hard to believe that
corporations and even government ancencies will be happy about filling recycle
centers with obsolete computers at a scale we have never seen before

What does the collective think about this?

<w>