Yes, I tried this too and worked fine (I forgot the double Freetype
compilation).

I need to find some time, but will do a separate formula for the brew
collection so it's easier to install even for others (and just run brew
install harfbuzz-git or something, including extra options for the docs
etc).

I was wondering if --with-icu has any advantages/disadvantages? I
haven't used it on osx or ubuntu, but I'm using very basic stuff of
harfbuzz.

Regards,
Rolf

James Clark schreef op 2014-03-24 09:32:

> I had another go at building harfbuzz from git on Mac OS X. Using Homebrew,
> together with gtk-doc's now being optional, made it an order of magnitude
> easier than last time (glib and freetype are so that hb-shape builds):
>
>> # Install Xcode command line tools
>
>> xcode-select --install
>> # Install homebrew
>> ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/go/install
>> [1])"
>> brew doctor
>> # Do what brew doctor says (I had to move some stuff in /Library/Frameworks
>> out of the way)
>> brew install ragel
>> brew install automake
>> brew install pkg-config