On 6/1/16 14:17, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On 16-01-05 09:17 PM, Jamie Dale wrote:
I actually just wrote something to give me very similar information since I
realised that my basic "this is a ligature" flag wasn't enough data, so each
of my glyphs now contains the number of characters that the glyph was composed
from. This, along with the cluster index of the glyph from the source text,
and the reading direction of the glyph, allow me to work out which characters
formed the glyph.

Correct.  That's pretty much the only way to do it.

Don't forget the added complication that there may be multiple glyphs with the same cluster value. E.g. given the text

  <U+0915, U+094D, U+0915, U+093F, U+0915>

you're very likely to get two glyphs with cluster index zero, as in something like

  [imatra=0 | kka=0 | ka=4]

but it's not at all clear from this how you'd determine which characters formed each glyph.

JK