On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 6:57 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <beh...@behdad.org> wrote:

> Other sequences still can combine. Just not as character composition, but
> font-level glyph substitutions and positioning.

Right; I get that -- that's what the *jmo GSUBs do. Maybe I didn't express
my question correctly. I'll try again....

The Jamo block contains:
- Modern Ls
- Old Ls
- fillers
- Modern Vs
- Old Vs
- Modern Ts
- Old Ts

If the rule was that only <Modern,Modern,Modern> would compose into
something in the Syllables block, that would make total sense to me. But
the comment makes it sound like <Old,Old,Modern> also maps to stuff in the
Syllables block and that it's only the Old Ts that are excluded. That's
what I don't understand.

Nate

--
nathan.p.willis