Humberto S. N. dos Anjos wrote:

Just to add a little note: C# (I'm not sure about the other .NET languages) deals with this issue by adding a new access modifier, internal, that makes the class/method/field/property visible by all classes in the same assembly. Could this behavior be emulated using solely the manifest file?

Interesting fact to know. Thanks.

This behavior can be partially implemented with manifest metadata. Without giving it much thought, I would say that it wouldn't be possible for the smaller granularity items (e.g., method, field, property), only for classes.

Check back with me in a couple weeks, because when I find the time, this type of class hiding is something that I will have implemented in my OSGi implementation...I just need to find the time to do it. :-)

-> richard