Green threads have a lot of problems that are hard to solve. You have to
deal with blocking function, interupts, syscall restarts, blocking native
code, etc...

JikesRVM handles that gracefully? My impression is that everyone is dropping
this M:N model because of implementation issues. BEA dropped it on jrockit.
IBM was developing such system for posix threads in linux, but a simple 1:1
that solved some scalability problems in the kernel was choosen.