Michael Koch escribió:

Am Donnerstag, den 02.06.2005, 11:42 +0100 schrieb Gerry Steele:
Has anyone got any thoughts on the possibility of making naively executable jars on Linux? This is done on Windows through the file extensions mechanism. On Solairis they use magic numbers picked up by the kernel AFAIK. I guess a Linux implementation will require some kernel work too. I believe this might help usability a bit on Linux. It just occurs to me that an Open Source Java has a hell of a greater chance of working with the Kernel guys / Linus than Sun might ever have. Another point for harmony :).

This can be done on Linux since years with binfmt. On Debian its called
binfmt-misc. Its nothing new.

Michael

In windows, you double click a .jar and it user "java -jar" to open it. In linux, for example, ubuntu, you click, open-with "java -jar", make it the preferences way to open jars, and you can double click it to open the program.
I think it is enough.

______________________________________________ Renovamos el Correo Yahoo! Nuevos servicios, más seguridad http://correo.yahoo.es