On Jun 13, 2005, at 6:43 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I've had different answers on legal-discuss to some of these questions.

Feel free to share.

I would encourage folks to avoid these kinds of detailed legal discussions here in favor of discussions with generally more qualified people on that list.

I'm not sure anything is detailed. We're just calling out the issues that will need competent legal review.

I would merely like to state that the issue of "derivative work" is NOT straightforward and the issue of the JRL is not even as straighforward as it seems unfortunately and encourage further discussion take place on legal-discuss.

Yep - but we need to bring that back here for our policy.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]