On Jun 30, 2005, at 9:31 AM, Tom wrote:

Date:        06/28/05
Location:    Thirsty Bear, San Francisco, CA
Present:
    Geir Magnusson
        Flavio Bergamaschi
        Ian Darwin
        Weldon Waschburn
        Tom Enderes

This was an informal social meetup over that great OSS lubricant, beer :) Flavio is a friend of mine who has been following our progress - he's interested in VMs

[Geir] Start off with codebase from Dan Lydicks VM ?

This is really about an offline conversation that I had with Dan. I owe him an email (got bogged here at JavaOne), but I was going to encourage him to approach the community with what he has. I'll let him take it from here if he chooses :)

[Geir] Will try to resolve legal issues by direct dialogs with IBM and
Intel and get them to sign agreement.

Actually, this is doesn't quite capture the intent. We have a proposal for legal structure and process on the table, and I need to get as much input and feedback as possible from all members of the community, including commercial entities like Sun, BEA, IBM, Intel, Apple etc that may have some interest in what we are doing, and would need to understand the legal framework we're proposing...

I have the official "Harmony" sign we put on the table. I'll take a picture and post to our website :)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]