On Sep 30, 2005, at 2:51 AM, Mladen Turk wrote:

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

David Tanzer has offered his proof-of-concept component model to the project. It can be found here :
[ ] +1 Accept the code into the project
[X] -1 Don't accept the code.  Reason :

The code itself is posix only.

It's a proof of concept for the sandbox! This isn't a commitment to the idea or the implementation, but just getting it in so people can play....

If we continue this way, porting to the other platforms will
become impossible.
Even the simple posix itself is incompatible between various
flavors. For example on AIX there is 'archive.a(dso.so)' and
dlopen needs 'RTLD_NOW | RTLD_GLOBAL | RTDL_MEMBER' flags.
Some platforms like HPUX use the shl_load, not to mention the
Windows or Netware.

The actual code itself exists, and is very much mature within
Apache2, and module dependencies are implemented within apr-iconv
project, so perhaps this would be a way to go.

APR? I think that we'll leverage APR heavily. Whether or not the APR API is the one we use as the standard porting layer API remains to be seen. If not, I'm certain will used it for platform implementations of the porting layer...

Also, what about coding style guide?

That's a good question, and something I assume we'll converge around as we get moving.

Mladen.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]