Testing the java memory model, and hence threading, is really tricky
and all I can think right now is some testing stuff Doug Lea released
regarding to java.util.concurrent. What I know is that a test to be
worth something, it must be done in a SMP machine. HyperThreading
helps a little, but in a UP setup getting the JMM right is a lot
easier.

For the rest I strongly suggest using Mauve, it can test a lot of the
classlib and would be nice to have only one FOSS testsuite for
classlibs.

For conformance of the JVM I think something simpler should be used,
just a way to call static methods of defined classes and gather the
result - no JNI used. Given that we could write very small tests that
could focus on specific implementation details.

I can write a prototype of such tool for bootjvm.

[]'s
Rodrigo