Dan> Another thought about the '__int64' issue.  A friend told
Dan> me a while back that this symbol was typedef'ed in a
Dan> header file called 'stdint.h' on GCC, but this does not
Dan> exist on my Solaris box, and I didn't need it anyway.
Dan> For Linux, I suspect that if you go find this symbol in
Dan> the /usr/include tree, that it will probably appear in
Dan> this file (I _think_ this is the correct name, but I am
Dan> not sure).  Perhaps this is the way to solve the problem
Dan> compiling the JNI code?

Harmony is going to have to ship its own jni.h anyway.  This is part
of a complete JVM.  FWIW there's already one in Classpath.

The jni_md.h part is typically architecture, OS, and compiler
dependent.  That said, maintaining this file is not a big deal.
The actual code in the x86 linux version of the file in Classpath
amounts to 13 lines.

Tom