Hi David,

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 16:58 +0200, David Tanzer wrote:
> I'm not worried about Java code we write, because I assume everyone
> agrees to use the Java Coding Conventions from Sun [1] here. Much of the
> development in Harmony is done in C at the moment, and we need a coding
> style guide here too.

I have never seen that coding convention. But for GNU Classpath we use a
coding convention that mimics the standard (GNU) C and C++ coding
convention as closely as possible. This has as advantage that code
written in different programming languages looks similar across the
projects. I would recommend that other projects adopt that since we have
written so much code that conforms to this standard already. See
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/docs/hacking.html#SEC8

I do note that coding conventions are something that lots of people have
an opinion on. And in general they quickly turn into bike shed (*)
discussions. So I would just state one convention and stick with it.

Cheers,

Mark

(*)
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/misc.html#BIKESHED-PAINTING