On Nov 8, 2005, at 10:20 AM, Steve Shih-wei Liao wrote:

Harmony JVM needs to be designed to support non-reentrant JITs as a default. It also needs to be designed to take advantage of reentrant JITs. This is
particularly important as the industry moves to multicore.

Is it possible to have some kind of core-affinity for the JIT? So non-reentrant JITs could be used in multicore systems w/o a rewrite?

To have clean, easy to maintain Execution Manager interfaces, there needs to
be well thought out JIT ABI to C/C++ ABIs. This will allow activation
records from JIT code to interoperate with activation records from an
interpreter written in C/C++.

What's an activation record? (I'd ask "why do they need to interoperate", but I'll save that if your answer doesn't give me a hint...)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]