On Nov 12, 2005, at 10:24 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:

Hi Tim,

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 16:56 +0000, Tim Ellison wrote:

I agree that getting a resolution to the community/licensing differences
would be fantastic.  I don't see that happening quickly, and I don't
want to see the success or failure of a development project gated upon
it.  IMHO resolving license issues is a board-level objective, not a
J2SE-project objective.  We can hack code and live in hope :-)

I believe people are really reluctant to hack on the code while there is
a legal limbo whether it can be included into the other code bases out
there and whether it is meant as a project to enhance all the existing
projects or just another project on the side. So I see resolving this
issues as a high priority.

Well, I understand the issue about not wanted to work on the code here, but isn't the VM interface interesting to you?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]