Enrico Migliore wrote:
For anyone who wants to play with the JCHEVM contribution, the code in
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/enhanced/trunk/sandbox/contribs/jchevm/jchevm
should now be buildable and runnable (on x86 machines only).

The file APACHE.README contains some general info as well as instructions
on how to build it. Please report any problems, questions, etc. to this
mailing list.

I would like to compile JCHEVM. I got Cygwin and MSVC installed on Win2000 professional.
Could you give me any suggestion before I start this work?

Oops, I should have been more specific: "builds and runs on Linux,
FreeBSD, etc.".

I have never used cygwin myself (I try to avoid using Windows if at all
possible) so am uncertain about exactly what might go wrong, but I'm
sure something will :-)

For example, I'm pretty sure it won't compile on Windows because
of missing header file elf.h.

On the other hand, the ELF loader is not needed in JCHEVM because it's
been stripped down to be an interpreter only. So one could eviscerate
the file elf.c (have all public functions return null or something)
and that would work around that problem.

Let me know what you find.

-Archie