Hi,

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 10:38 +0000, Tim Ellison wrote:
> Perhaps our friends involved with Classpath can give us an insight as to
> whether they regret writing JavaDoc, or whether they see it as a
> valuable part of the effort (assuming that they have written all the doc!).

You can see what we have at http://developer.classpath.org/doc/
We write full documentation for all the standard classes just like we
write tests for them through mauve. Since there is no real spec (or at
least not something you can rely on as being good/strict enough as spec)
we try to make our documentation better then what the proprietary
libraries provide. Writing documentation is just one of the ways of
getting a better understanding of the code and it helps our users having
full free guides to using the libraries. I believe our documentation is
in parts better then what comes with other implementations (see
especially the free geom or swing packages which are really poorly
documented in the proprietary versions).

Cheers,

Mark