Well I tried the pre-compiled Subversion packages that were suggested, and
they work a treat! Thanks Craig.

It seems that between my lack of SSL support, and some connection problems
yesterday (causing the chunk errors), the problems were all at my end.
Seems to be resolved now though, and this morning I was able to checkout a
fresh copy of the tree :-)

Thanks for the help guys!

Elliott