Hi Geir,

> I'd like to propose a change in the build structure to segement by
> platform, so that it's very clear the pile that gets built and where,
> giving us the freedom to have an appropriate layout for each.
>
> /trunk/deploy/
>       win32/
>          include/
>          jre/
>       linux/
>          include/
>          jrs/

Sorry but I don't really see the need for this change. A developer is only
going to be building on one platform at any given time and the existing
build scripts are already capable of sensing that platform.

My 2 euro cents.

Best regards,
George
George C. Harley

Geir Magnusson Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
20/01/2006 15:59
Please respond to
harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org

harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
[classlib : security[2]] security2 integrated (first cust)

I did a hacky integration of security2 to replace security.

After chatting a bit w/ Tim, I took a very simpleminded approach, of
just getting the master build.  This only works on windows for now.

1) the main classlib script builds the java code and produces the
security jar.

2) the main native scrip kicks off the full security2 make and copies
the .dll out

Clearly we have to improve #2, clearly, but once we verify I didn't
screw up too badly, then we can do it stepwise.