AIUI the Unsafe type is Sun's means of manipulating OS heap memory --
classlib has a type that does that (currently in NIO module, and called
com.ibm.platform.OSMemory, though I agree with Paulex that it should
move into LUNI).  If the functionality of OSMemory is lacking we can, of
course, extend it to support concurrent.

--

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.