Hi Archie,

GNU/Classpath problem
-------------------------
at the moment, when I run:

$jc HelloWorld

I got the following exception:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: failed to open native library:
'usr/local/classpath/lib/classpath/libjavanio.so'

The reason is simple: Classpath doesn't know it's running on Cygwin,
therefore it looks for "libjavanio.so" instead of  "libjavanio.dll" (which
exists on the filesytem). I'll post a thread on the Classpath list in order
to fix this problem.

Assertion failures on Cygwin
-----------------------------
I compiled the distribution with all assertions enabled and ran:

$jc HelloWorld

The result is that the following assertions fail:

1.  vm.c - line 46
2.  vm.c - line 176
3.  heap.c - line 238
4.  thread.c - line 1023

Of course, to get to assertions 2 I had to comment assertion 1 and so on.

Segmentation fault problem on Cygwin
While debugging JCHEVM with DDD I noticed that the pthread library issues
a segmentation fault signal. In order to proceed, I instructed DDD to ignore the signal. To fix the problem, I'll have to compile the pthread library in debug mode and sneak in
the source code.

Comment
Even if I fix all of these problems, JCHEVM will always need Cygwin to run on top
of Windows. That is acceptable for now, but someday, if we want JCHEVM to
became a fully fladged VM we'll have to make a native port to Windows.

Enrico