Vladimir Strigun wrote:
<snip>
> Just interesing: do you used standard eclipse VM runner and VM
> debugger (I mean classes
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.StandardVMRunner and
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.StandardVMDebugger) in your plugin
> ?

gasp -- no.  No internal stuff, just subclassing the AbstractVMRunner.

> What types of VM's your plugin is supported?

The plug-in doesn't much care about the VM, it's dealings are with the
Harmony launcher and JRE layout.  I did try to create a config that
recognizes the -vmdir option of the launcher so I can switch kernel.jar
but Eclipse JDT doesn't give me enough info to do that successfully.

> Looks like that IBM VM
> works well with standard runner and debugger, but if we want to
> support other Harmony VM's then  I think it will be necessary to make
> own implementation of mentioned classes inside plugin. In this case,
> runner and debugger can apply VM-specific options, for instance for
> IBM VM and Jchevm.

What VM-specific options did you have in mind?  If they are options that
are *always* set when creating a VM then they should be in
JNI_CreateJavaVM so they are set in embedded VMs.  If they are used when
launching the VM, or you can't modify that code, you can put them in
your VM properties file which is read by the launcher (e.g. for the IBM
VM look in jre/bin/default/clearvm.properties).  The launcher passes
these through to the VM (see createVMArgs function in launcher/main.c
code [1]).

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/native-src/linux.IA32/launcher/main.c?view=markup

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])