> I have an example. Security2 has implementation of ASN.1 that is internal
> stuff but has its own value. And it has a document for developers
> who might use that internal stuff jre-independent.

Thank you, Mikhail.
I wanted to give some example from sequrity module, but was not sure
since I'm really not an expert in this area. Thank you for doing that.
As I told initially, nobody said we are going to develop something
specially to extend API, but if some functionality was created anyway
(as part of API development) why not to share it with others? All
these classes will be included into harmony anyway; the only question
is how to locate them to clearly define what might have a value and
what is internal implementation only.

Talking about the structure of such 'utility libraries' (ok, I see
nobody like the word 'extension' :-) )  I think (thanks to Tim) that
eclipse approach looks promising...

--
Anton Avtamonov,