Hi,

OK, yes, it needs a network connection. My point was really that "usetimestamp" provides a mechanism for jars to be downloaded only when required (i.e. when not present or when stale). I wasn't really intending to sell it as a way of working without the network hence the declaration that it "kind of" offers this functionality.

I could mention that setting the "ignoreerrors" attribute to "true" would mean that, in the absence of a network, the task could fail (to check the local and remote timestamps of the resources) without bringing the whole build script to a screeching halt. But that probably wouldn't be of interest to you either :-)

Best regards,
George
IBM UK

Tim Ellison wrote:
How does it know it is stale without a network connection ?

George Harley wrote:
Hi Alexey,

The "usetimestamp" attribute of Ant's "get" task kind of offers this
functionality. Setting the attribute value to "true" means that the
download only proceeds if the local copy of the resource is missing or
stale.

There is more information on this at
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/get.html

Best regards,
George
IBM UK

Alexey Petrenko wrote:
Well, it would be nice. However I don't like build scripts that
depend on
network.
Yes, there should be the possibility to download needed jars once and
forget about network.

--
Alexey A. Petrenko