Richard,

I have had a look at your patch, but not applied it ...

I agree with moving this behavior into LUNI, but perhaps you would
consider refactoring to remove the distinction between platform and
platform.struct (which is historical), and adopting the proposed package
naming we have discussed on the list.  So if you could refactor into
o.a.h.luni.platform and o.a.h.luni.internal.platform that would be better.

You also need to update the manifest files to reflect the package
refactoring, and the build patternsets.

What do you think?

--

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])