Anton Avtamonov wrote:

IMHO, when spec states some exception we should be spec-compatible.

+1

On 2/17/06, Mikhail Loenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I agree with Tim that we should discuss on the dev list

+1

Later we might want to have some roadmap once we find a number
of similar issues

At this point I think we might be compatible when RI throws
wrong exceptions - for example it often mixes NPE and
IllegalArgumentException

Sometimes spec states IllegalArgumentException should be thrown, but
implementation produces NPE. I think that is because
IllegalArgumentException is missed in impl and algorithm just failed
somewhere...
IMHO, when spec states some exception we should be spec-compatible.

--
Anton Avtamonov,

Karan Singh