Will it use a maven repository? This sounds like a lot of the functionality in Maven. Whether you like Maven or not, the fact that there are large repositories of jars is great, so I hope your friend will take advantage of that.

David Tanzer wrote:
A friend of mine is currently developing a program to manage Java project resources (jars and others) called "gc resource repository"
(gc-rr):

http://dev.guglhupf.net/commons/rr/index.html

Some of the features are:

* Central resource repository to share resources between multiple projects. * Needed resource are downloaded and stored in a local repository. * Dependencies between resources are solved. * Setup the classpath with all needed resources (jars). * Start java progams with the needed resources. * Ant integration to setup the classpath. * Modular ant build script support * Eclipse classpath builder to setup the classpath in eclipse.

You may want to take a look at it. It is distributed under the Apache
License, and I guess I could convince Rene Pirringer (the main developer
of gc-rr) to contribute it to Apache Harmony if this is desired.

Best Regards,
David Tanzer