On 2/21/06, Matt Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have tried to reconstruct the gist of this
> discussion from the archives (wasn't paying enough
> attention the first time through), without much luck.
> :)  Since the discussion has evolved this far, I
> wonder if anyone could restate the Ant-specific part
> of the problem in concise terms, with the example
> directory structure and desired selection... ?  in
> case I might tersify the expression at all, I'd like
> to help Harmony in this small way as I've not yet
> found time to do more...

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your attention to this.
I'd like to have a selector in Ant FileSet, which would select file
names based on a regular expression. The regexp needs to be matched
with the string which consists of a path relative to the base dir of a
fileset, plus file name.

For example, suppose we have a set of files like this:
shared\test_linux_ia32.c
shared\test_shared.c
shared\test_win.c
shared\test_win_ia32.c
test_ia32\test1.c
test_linux\test2.c
test_win_ia32\test4.c

Then, for linux/ia32 configuration the selector should take:

shared\test_linux_ia32.c
shared\test_shared.c
test_ia32\test1.c
test_linux\test2.c

Ideally, I'd wish to do that with a code something like this:

          <fileset dir="." includes="**/*.c">
                <and>
                    <or>
                        <filenameregex expression="[\W_]${env.OS}[\W_]"/>
                        <not>
                            <filenameregex
expression="[\W_](win|linux|solaris)[\W_]"/>
                        </not>
                    </or>
                    <or>
                        <filenameregex expression="[\W_]${env.ARCH}[\W_]"/>
                        <not>
                            <filenameregex
expression="[\W_](ia32|sparc|ipf)[\W_]"/>
                        </not>
                    </or>
                </and>
          </fileset>
    </cc>

The above logic exactly describes the layout of a platform dependent
code that I suggested for Harmony.

I've tried to use standard <filename> and <containsregex> selectors,
but they didn't appear suitable for that purpose.

Thank you,
Andrey Chernyshev
Intel Middleware Products Division