Nathan,

First, let me say a big thank you for the code and tests you submitted.
 I've had a chance to read through it and (beyond the comments below) it
looks good.

I've committed a modified version of your patch to SVN.  However, ;-)

1.  I've removed the javadoc comments as these appear to be direct
copies of the Sun documentation.  We cannot copy Sun's property.  For
now the comments have been replaced with TODO tags.

2.  I've removed the .intern() from the string literals, since these
will be interned by the VM anyway.

3.  Why have you got transient char[] and int fields, and then serialize
them (as int, char[])?  Wouldn't it be easier to reorder the fields and
remove the readObject/writeObject methods?

Thanks again for your work,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])