Archie Cobbs wrote:

Jean-frederic Clere wrote:

I am using logging-log4j-1.2.13 and I have downloaded it.

There is no such method:

org/apache/log4j/Category.log(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/log4j/Level;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Throwable;)V

in the JAR file that comes with that version of log4j.

So either something weird is happening (always possible), or you have some
other incompatible version of log4j on your classpath, or something
in your classpath was compiled against another version of log4j, etc.

My test is using:
Class.forName("org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger");
I have rebuild commons-logging using the log4j I am using in the test and the test is working now.
But I still don't understand why it was working with the Sun JVM  before!!!

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

-Archie