Jean-frederic Clere wrote:
Tim Ellison wrote:

Jean-frederic Clere wrote:
Mark Hindess wrote:

Using "touch .now; sleep 2; (cd make; ant) ; find depends ... \!
-anewer .now" on both builds shows that the only files that aren't
accessed by either build are the README files and:

depends/files/java.security

That probably isn't needed since the build uses:

modules/security/src/java.home/lib/security/java.security

instead.

But that's the only one that's obviously redundant.

Yep... I would prefer to classlib depends directory a readme that tells
classlib depends on:
CU4C version 3.4 (how to get and install it).
ICU4JNI
FDLIBM
zlib

Like this?
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/depends/oss/README.txt?view=markup
The README.txt doesn't tell how depends/jars/icu4j_3_4.jar is build, does it?

The README.txt contains the link to the ICU4J home where the binary jars may be downloaded from. You can also pick up source and build instructions from there if you want. Building the icu4j jar should not have to be done for Harmony.

Best regards,
George

Cheers

Jean-Frederic