Iris Gastañaga wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>   We have read the contribution policy and we are ready to sign
> the following documents -we've questions on some of them, so please
> advice-:

I'll try to help, but with the standard disclaimer that IANAL, so you
need to be comfortable with the terms and conditions and grants that you
are signing no matter what I tell you!

> - SG & CCLA (http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-corporate.txt ):
>     Signed by the CEO of ITC. The CCLA should list the team leaders
>     as authorized contributors

Ok, thanks.  The list of designated employees on this form is an
internal matter for you (essentially listing people who can contribute
assets on behalf of the corporation).

> - Bulk Contribution Checklist
>   (http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/bulk_contribution_checklist.txt):
>
>     One for each package, signed by the team leader, and specifying
>     the list of developers (authors)

You really only need one checklist per bulk contribution (which may be a
set of packages); but no harm, just more paperwork!

> - ICLA (http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt):
>     One for each person designated as authorized contributor (or
>     should it be one for each author?)

The Software Grant and checklist cover the bulk contribution, so ICLA's
should be completed for people who will be making an ongoing
contribution to the code.  The ICLA works for contributors, the
foundation, and code consumers to define the terms under which
contributions are made to the project.

> - ACQ (http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/auth_cont_quest.txt ):
>     One for each person designated as authorized contributor (or
>     should it be one for each author?)

The bulk contribution checklist ensures that incoming code, created
outside the day-to-day development of the project, has a traceable and
acceptable IP provenance.  If you can provide an ACQ for each of the
original authors(*) and each ongoing contributor(+) that would be ideal.

(*)otherwise see the bulk contribution checklist for details
(+)otherwise they are probably out of luck, see the ACQ for details

> Is this ok? where should we send this documents?

To date these forms have been sent directly to Geir.  I won't put his
fax number out on the list  -- I'll let him send it to you directly.

Regards
Tim

--

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])