On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 09:38:00AM -0500, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Etienne Gagnon wrote:
> >Leo Simons wrote:
> >>Thanks for your clarifications! Since Geir has informed me that some
> >>of the conversation related to this issue is currently also proceeding
> >>outside of the public forum (I must say I personally find that a shame
> >>-- all of the open source community can learn from things like this if
> >>the discussion happens in public), I'll respect the desire for a little
> >>privacy and refrain from commenting further here, below, except to note
> >>that,
> >
> >While it is not my objective to eliminate transparency from the
> >discussion, I really felt that it would be much easier to work out a
> >solution in private, where I don't feel the pressure of hundreds of eyes
> >reading each of my words, specially that the heat is on me, as the SVN
> >access to JCHEVM has been blocked.
>
> Please don't feel pressure there.

+1. No-one wants to exercise any kind of pressure. Pressure tends to just
frustrate progress. I understand how you feel about all of this publicness.
No worries.

> You brought up a claim that was at
> first blush legitimate, and it was *our* decision to aggressively lock
> down SVN while we sorted things out - you never made any such demand,
> and I appreciate your sensitivity to this.

+1. I very much admire the level of detail, clarity and honesty in your
e-mails so far and also the speediness of your replies and I suspect the
entire harmony community feels the same way. We all dislike all this
worrying about IP and licensing but it is in no way your fault that there
is anything to worry about and you should not feel any kind of guilt.
We're all very appreciative of the effort you're putting in.

You should feel more than free to take all the time you want and/or need
to think about things or talk about them or just put the issue in a freezer
for a few days because you have other important things to do with your time.
Not everything has to happen in "internet time".

cheers!

Leo